Monday, February 15, 2010

Finally! Our Riley Is Here!

Riley T. Rasmussen came into this world on February 11 at 3:25 PM.

The story begins early Thursday morning about 3 AM I started having sharp pains in my lower back, so I decided to take a bath to see if they would go away. I went back to bed and the pain was still there. This time I woke up and my water broke and I really didnt think of doing any thing about it. Once again, I went back to bed to see the pain would go away, but I was WRONG. Finally, around 7:30 AM, I told Case that we had to go to the hospital. So, we got our stuff and headed to the hospital. We got there around 8:30 AM. I had my IV put in, and was just waiting for my baby to come. At this time, I was about a "1" and I couldn't take the pain anymore, so I decided to get my epidural. After, that I was in heaven. I couldn't feel much anymore. Everytime the nurse came in, she said I was progressing and now I was at "2-3". I just layed there and every hour the nurse came in and checked me and I was at a "4",then I jumped to a "7" in 45mins. Next, thing I knew the nurse said, "Oh my gosh, there is a head", and that was about 30 mins after checking me at a "7." So, the nurse called the doctor to come in and deliver this baby. About 20 mins later and 3 pushes, we had a little baby here. He weighed 5 lbs 2 oz. and was 18.75 inches long. (Only 2 days early) Yes, I know, what at TINY baby. (But He will GROW so FAST.)

We stayed in the hospital for two days, and it was so nice. The nurses were so helpful. Also, our family and friends came up to visit and ALL took turns holding Riley. We were so thankful for EVERYONE'S company. And cant wait for the FUN JOURNEY ahead of us with our new edition to our family.














No comments:

Post a Comment